Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Swimming and Sunsets

Do you remember when you were a kid and the most exciting part of staying in a hotel was getting to go swimming?  This was especially true if you didn't have an in-ground pool in your backyard.  Today I got to be that kid again.  The added benefit today was that not only was I in an indoor pool, but I could look out the surrounding windows to the snow covered ground with mountains in the distance.  It was a little surreal.  Despite the fact that this hotel is full tonight, I was the only one in the pool for most of my time there.  I water walked and read.  I sat in the hot tub and read.  Notice a theme??  I'm almost finished with my book.  I'm not a swimmer, I'm actually quite fearful of water.  Ask my parents or siblings some time about our family vacation that included a day trip to a water park.  While I won't divulge the details of that day, I'm sure my siblings will be all too ready to tell you about my reaction to a water slide.  I don't go into water over my head without some sort of floatie or life jacket.  None of that was needed for the heated pool or hot tub today...I could stand, sit or walk and regardless of the direction I was looking I could see the snowy ground.  I came back to my room, opened the curtains on my west facing window and watched the sun set behind the mountains.  While I'm disappointed that I'm not spending my evening with Christy and the girls, I've had a nice, relaxing day.  I think this is what was meant by the adage...when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds so relaxing Kris!!! And to look out over the snowy mountains while swimming...AHHHHHH!!!

    ReplyDelete