Saturday, March 24, 2012

Going up??



Not in an elevator apparently!  I'm in Kansas tonight and for the second time on my trip, I'm staying in a hotel that doesn't have an elevator.  When that happened earlier in the week I was on the second floor so while I had to haul my very large suitcase...hey, I packed for a week...up to the second floor, that doesn't compare to tonight.  I'm on the third floor of this particular hotel and I had to haul my very large suitcase up the narrow short flights with lots of landings and turns.  I suppose that's better than one gigantic staircase, but holy moly people!

The last time I hauled suitcases or boxes to the third floor of any building using stairs was my sophomore year of college.  I was blessed to live on the third floor my freshman, sophomore and junior years of college.  I say blessed because if you live on the top you don't have elephants that run around above you.  My junior year I happened to live in a building with an elevator, but the first two years it was all stairs.  I was younger then.  :)

Today was my longest travel day of my trip.  I drove seven hours today.  I did fine until the last hour.  I started to get restless in the last hour of my drive.  I passed several things that I would love to have stopped to see if I had time.  There are so many unique places around this country...I could spend my entire life doing what I've done this week and not ever see everything.  Tomorrow I'm headed to the Eisenhower Museum and Library.  I have no doubt I'll enjoy experiencing the history and learning about one of our presidents.

I could feel my shoulders tensing and my neck starting to hurt just thinking about all that I neglected this week to spend a week away.  I should really go home tomorrow and begin dealing with things.  I told my dad tonight though that I don't really want to go home tomorrow.  I'll sleep on it and see how I feel.  I was hoping that a week away would energize me and give me the motivation to deal with the chaos that is my home and job.  While I did rest and immensely enjoy my time away, I'm not coming back with the energy I was hoping I would.  I've got to find a solution for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment