Thursday, March 15, 2012

A new journey

I've never been a blogger.  I've read the blogs of friends and family but have never embarked on blogging myself.  I don't have children that do cute things, or a job that allows me to travel to exotic places.  My life doesn't have the element of excitement that makes for good reading.  My upcoming trip has changed my mind, at least temporarily.

The last eight months have been very tumultuous and trying for me.  I've made and lost friends.  I've experienced struggles and challenges that have left me questioning everything about my life and have shaken me to the core.  I've felt very hurt and misunderstood.  This upcoming trip is as much about escape, relaxation and adventure as it is about finding healing and peace.  I'm hoping this blog will provide some accountability as well as perhaps allow me to be a little better understood.

I've said before that I don't set goals.  I use that as a sort of personal protection.  If I don't set it, then I can't fail at achieving it.  That being said, I have a couple of things I'd like to achieve to which this trip will get me a little closer.  I would like to eventually visit all 50 states.  As of today I've visited 22.  If I go the route I've been rolling around in my head for the last few days I will add two states to that list.  The second goal that I have is to visit all of the presidential libraries.  There are currently twelve and a half (George W's isn't finished) and I've been to two.  I am planning to go to another one toward the end of this trip.

The next week will be an interesting one, but I am determined to relax, let things go and live by the words....it's all about the journey.

1 comment:

  1. I just have to say that I am so proud of you for being so spontaneous!! I think this is a great thing and I can't wait to see what all your adventures hold!! Be safe, have fun and like you said, just let things go and enjoy the journey!!

    ReplyDelete