Thursday, March 22, 2012

How could I forget??

I totally forgot in my last post to tell you about the Legos!  I've always loved reading and puzzles.  Ever since I was a kid those were my two favorite things to do.  I go through phases of how many puzzles I do or how many books I read that aren't work related, but I love both.  I re-discovered the Lego store during our trip to the mall today.  I've been to a Lego store before...in Chicago I think...but I had forgotten that it has such wonderful puzzles to put together.  I call them puzzles because the sets that interest me most are the ones that have a specific end design.  You don't have a bunch of pieces that can make tons of things, you have specific pieces that make a specific design.  They have a line of products called the Architecture line.  They are sets that recreate with legos well known structures or buildings around the world.  If you're looking to get me a gift, a Legos Architecture set would be perfect.  They have the White House, the space needle, homes that belonged to Frank Lloyd Wright, the Sydney Opera House, the Guggenheim, Rockefeller Center...there are many options!  I got online to check it out and I can even vote for what the new structure will be.  I'm a nerd I know it...I can't deny it.  I have several 3D puzzles that are architectural structures like that.  This is the same thing in Lego form.  I think I found a new hobby!

By the way -- for the same reason that I like lego sets with a specific design to make I also prefer color by number.  I don't know if it's a lack of creativity or my absurd devotion to structure, but I much prefer knowing how it's supposed to turn out rather than trying to come up with it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment