Saturday, March 24, 2012

1,781 Miles


I'm back in Oklahoma tonight after traveling 1,781 miles this week.  I set out to make a large loop through four states before coming home.  I've done just that and am back where I started.  It's been an interesting week.  I've learned a lot about the places I've visited and about myself.  I've mentioned before that several hours on the road can certainly bring about opportunities for personal reflection.  I've already started planning my next route!

I've heard that your home should be a place of relaxation and retreat.  Mine is neither for me right now, in fact as I write this I'm hiding in my bedroom avoiding the chaos that is the rest of my house.  It's no one's fault but my own that I feel stressed and chaotic in my home.  Hopefully I will wake up rested and motivated to be productive tomorrow.

I mentioned when I started this blog that I didn't think I had enough to write about that would be interesting or entertaining for readers.  I've had positive feedback from several people though and I've made my sister and close friends promise that they will tell me if I start embarrassing myself...no one wants to embarrass themselves on the world wide web...so if you'll keep reading, I'll keep writing.  I can't promise that it will be terribly interesting all the time, but perhaps it will give you a window into my world.  Thank you for reading!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry I didn't call you today... between the nausea and stomach cramps it was a long drive back to LR. I have to tell you, I follow a lot of blogs, but have enjoyed yours the most this week. You must keep writing!! Give me a call one day after school this week. Love you and glad you're back home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've enjoyed my blog. I've been nervous about writing, so I appreciate hearing that! I hope you feel better tomorrow and I will certainly give you a call this week. Love you!

    ReplyDelete