Saturday, March 17, 2012

First stop...school??

If you're reading my facebook posts, you know that my first stop today was school.  Since I live at school more than I live at home my coat and fleece pullover were both in my classroom.  Since I'm not sure about the weather in Colorado, I figured I needed both so I had to stop there and pick them up.

I left there and went to Oklahoma City where I stopped for lunch at Cracker Barrel.  I like country cooking.  When I was growing up in Norman my family went to a country cooking restaurant called Po' Folks.  I loved that place...the best were the biscuits with honey!  I have no idea if it's still there, but eating biscuits with my green beans today made me think of that.  I also picked up another audio book which I listened to all the way to Amarillo, TX which is where I am tonight.  I've never driven west of OKC on I-40 and if you've never done it, let me tell you it's very flat.  Flat with little to get in the way of seeing the horizon.  It's beautiful in it's own way.

I stopped at an Indian Trading Post on the highway this afternoon and saw some gorgeous pottery and sand paintings!  It was an antiques and art gallery and I enjoyed my time there.  I bought a Christmas ornament that's handmade with a boot on it.  My ornaments all have a cowboy theme to them so this one will fit right in. Although, putting it up at all will require me not to be bah humbug about the holidays like I was this past year.

I'm settled in for the night and will set off again tomorrow after lunch.  I saw a Barnes and Noble down the road that I'll likely stop at before leaving town.  I have BN withdrawals living in Stillwater!

No comments:

Post a Comment