Friday, November 9, 2012

On the road again

I love watching the CMAs.  As a country music fan, it's exciting for me to watch the performances, awards and banter among the stars.  I don't always agree with the award winners, but I enjoy the show.  I sing along at the top of my lungs and laugh out loud at the carefully crafted jokes that walk a fine line of appropriateness.  In last week's award show Willie Nelson was recognized for his lifetime achievement in country music.  The tribute to him was so much fun to watch and hearing him sing "On the Road Again" made me smile.  When we were kids and my parents loaded us and all of our stuff in the van to head to my grandparents' house, "On the Road Again" was part of the beginning of our trip.

This week I actually was able to get on the road again.  After a week of transmission issues and a car in the shop I was able to get back to my school visits on Wednesday.  It was a busy three days trying to fit everything in that I missed last week, but I loved it!  I told my mom I took the long way around to a couple of places just because I could.

Next week I hit the road in a different direction.  On Sunday I leave for my monthly Oklahoma City trip.  Five days of training with a team that I get to know and love more every time I'm down there.  You can't help but bond when you spend all day in a small room, sitting almost on top of each other, eating every meal together and sleeping down the hall from each other for five days every three weeks.



Friday however I begin my vacation.  Friday I fly out of Oklahoma City and head to New York City.  It's been a little over a year since I was there last and I've only been in the summer so far, this will be my first cold weather trip.  I am so excited!  I get to spend four days with my sister before my parents and brothers fly up to join us so that we can all spend Thanksgiving together.  I even get to have my birthday in the Big Apple.  I've not been big on celebrating my birthday in recent years, but who isn't excited to celebrate their birthday in the city that never sleeps?   Given the recent weather challenges that area has had, I'm not sure what kind of plans we'll have to change but the time with my family will be fun regardless.  One of my goals while I'm there this time is to go to the Roosevelt Presidential Library.  I told you back in the spring that I would like to visit every presidential library and this would be my fourth of the thirteen in existence.  Several to go still, but I'm hoping to get to see one in about a week.  We can take a train out of New York to get to Hyde Park.  I've never ridden a train like that before so that in and of itself would be exciting!  I've ridden subways in several cities, but I don't count those as a train like this one.

However it works out, I'm looking forward to having sister time and family time for a whole week!!  My posts will definitely become more frequent while I'm traveling.  It's a new journey!

** Picture from Google Images.

No comments:

Post a Comment