Sunday, November 18, 2012

Movies in Manhattan

Today was movie day.  I've never before done a double feature in the theater, but that's what Kayla and I decided to do.  We had such fun seeing two fantastic movies!  We started the day with breakfast at a diner just down the block, before heading to an 11:20 showing of Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2.  Who knew you could go to the movies before noon?  Kayla had bought our tickets online last night, so we were quickly checked in.  For the first time in my life I rode an escalator in a movie theater.  We went down two floors below street level for our first movie of the day, Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2.


Kayla and I have both read the books and enjoyed them very much.  Movies are never just like the book, they can't be and I don't expect them to be.  I just expect to enjoy the movie, which I did.  It was action packed and entertaining from start to finish.  Just before the movie started we decided we wanted to make this a double feature day and watch Lincoln next.

After Twilight, we had some time to walk around so we went to a small children's bookstore, a toy and party store and then to TJ Maxx.  It was a cool but beautiful day.  I took the picture below of the Queensboro Bridge that we passed on our walk today.


After our walk we went back to the movie theater to see Lincoln.  It was a phenomenal film, of course it's a Steven Spielberg film so I would expect nothing less.  We had popcorn for lunch and sat in a packed theater for two hours, captivated by the history we were watching.  We both left with a sense of patriotism and a deeper appreciation for our freedoms.  Spielberg does a great job telling the story of the thirteenth amendment.


Tonight is a low key night with tacos and a Law and Order Marathon.  Tomorrow promises to be another full day.



No comments:

Post a Comment