Sunday, June 10, 2012

A New Beginning

This week is my new beginning.  Starting on Tuesday I will attend the education conference hosted by the Oklahoma State Department of Education where I will begin training for my new job.  Each morning I'll meet with my new team to begin getting to know them and getting acquainted with my new responsibilities.  There are still a lot of questions about what all my job will actually entail, but there are some things I know for certain.  I've been assigned to work with Chisholm Public Schools which is in North Enid.  I will be providing professional development, consultation and modeling lessons for the teachers there.  I will work from an office at a local career tech.  Things that are as yet unknown...what other districts I may work with, the specifics about the professional development I'll be providing, professional development in which I will participate and how my calendar will actually look.  I am hoping to have more of those answers this week.

Until today, I've been very calm and not at all worried about the details of this transition.  I credit the prayers of my family and friends for the peace that I've felt throughout this transition.  My faith has not been what it should be in the last few years.  I imagine everyone goes through times in their life in which faith falters.  We wouldn't be human if we didn't struggle with faith.  I am trying, however, to depend on faith to get me through this transition.  I'm trying to have faith that things will be revealed and my questions will be answered.

Today I was not calm.  I may have outwardly appeared calm to my parents who came to spend the day with me helping me look for housing in Enid, but inside I was beginning to panic.  We spent the afternoon looking for rental property, specifically a house for rent, with very little luck.  The two real estate agents we spoke with told us that rental property is hard to come by in Enid.  I had suspected as much from my research last week, but didn't expect this much trouble.  I would prefer not to live in an apartment again with my dog, but that is likely where I'm headed.  I'm thankful for this job and the opportunities that I will bring, I need to have faith that my housing situation will work itself out.

I told a good friend recently that having the opportunity to move to a new city with new co-workers, a new home and new surroundings provides me the unique opportunity to re-invent myself.  I am looking forward to doing just that.  I want to be the best parts of myself and leave the other stuff behind.  I want to strengthen my faith, have better relationships and live a healthier life.  There are many steps to all of those, but it starts with my beginning.


It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good

1 comment:

  1. Eloquent, open-hearted, hopeful words ... You honor your Heavenly Father by your courage and I pray He will bless you in every way you need as well as in ways that you cannot imagine.

    ReplyDelete