Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Operation Organization


Today was Day 1 of Operation Organization at my house.  I took yesterday totally off and read books, played on facebook and watched daytime talk shows.  Today I skipped the talk shows and was productive.  My office has been a dumping ground for the last several months.  You can see in the picture above that it was a disaster to say the least.  I started the day with the goals of organizing enough that I could move a desk and another table in here (both have been in my living room) and to start downsizing.  There is a very high likelihood that I will move and there is an equally high likelihood that I will not be able to find a house this size for what I can afford to pay, so downsizing is necessary.

In my post yesterday I told you that I'd become frustrated with the hobby of scrapbooking because it takes up so much space.  At one time (when this room used to be organized) that's all that this room was devoted to.  My crafting and scrapbooking materials are tucked onto shelves (some of which you can't see from this view).  The entire room was designed as an office and crafting space.  I'm downsizing those materials in preparation for a potential move.  While there is a possibility I won't move, it doesn't hurt to clean out and get rid of stuff I'm not using.  I've discovered the Beg, Barter, Buy and Sell facebook group for Payne County and am trying my hand there for selling some of my stuff.  Friends are more than welcome to have the first pick, ultimately however, it's leaving my house however I'm able to get it out of here.

The picture below is the after pic of all of my work today.  The desk that you see in front of the pink chair was at school...yes I had to buy my own desk and yes I've now had to make space for it at home.  I like it in here for now.  It was designed for a desktop computer and I only have a laptop so there are parts of it that aren't functional or helpful for me, but it's not bad.  I started a box of garage sale items that I'll take to my mom's to sell in a couple of weeks.  I also set up my Autism Awareness Scentsy that my dad gave me and set out the little owl carving that I bought in Santa Fe.  I'll continue to work in other rooms this week.  I'll spare you pictures of my kitchen and bathroom, however...too embarrassing!  Day 1 was a success...more organizing tomorrow!!


No comments:

Post a Comment