Thursday, May 24, 2012

Operation Organization Day 2

I had a hard time getting out of bed today.  In part because I stayed up way too late finishing my third novel of the week, but in part because today was kind of a test for me I suppose.  If you've been reading my blog for very long, you know that I interviewed for a position with the state department last Tuesday.  I felt like the interview went very well.  I've told everyone that has asked me about it that there's nothing I could have done differently that might have changed the outcome, whatever that outcome may be.  I am confident that I can do the job, it's just a matter of whether or not there are sixty other applicants that the state feels could do it better.  They asked a lot of questions about whether or not I am willing to relocate and I've assured them that I am, so we'll see if that's what ends up happening.  The time table I was given for them making a decision was a week to a week and a half.  One week was Tuesday, a week and a half is Friday (tomorrow).

The day after my interview with the state department, I had a second interview with a charter school in OKC.  At the end of that second interview they offered me a contract.  I told them that I had interviewed with the state department the day before and that if offered that position, I would take it.  I told them that I was supposed to know something late this week.  The principal told me he would call me on Thursday (today) to get my answer about taking their contract.  There was more to the conversation than that, but those are the highlights.

Today being the day I expected to hear from the charter school principal I've been nervous and on edge all day.  I'm not good at telling people no.  If you've known me for very long at all you know that my inability to say no is a major problem for me.  I've been sick today over the potential conversation in which I would have to tell the school that I'd not yet heard from the state...assuming the state did not call before the school.  Luckily...or unluckily, depending on how you look at it...no one called today.  The state didn't call and neither did the school.  I'm not sure what that means.  It's made me edgy and quiet most of the day though.  I imagine tomorrow will include more pins and needles.  This tension and worry made it difficult for me to get up today.

After I got up however, I managed to do some things to keep me busy.  I called the bank and let them give me bad news for an hour.  Hey...at least I wasn't thinking about my job situation.  Then I started working on my house again.  I have a deadline for this Operation Organization thing...I have to be done by Tuesday because that's when my best friend Christy and her three girls are coming to stay with me on their way to Searcy.  I have to have my house organized and liveable for five people in the next five days.  Since I was out of town yesterday, today was Day 2 and the target was the living room.


While this picture doesn't look terribly awful, there are pockets of chaos everywhere.  If you look closely you'll notice that my snowmen are still on display.  This wide view thankfully doesn't show the major layers of dust on everything.  I worked diligently however and have completed another room.  Unfortunately my office took a slight hit when I brought the stuff in here that was in the living room and when I was frantically digging through files and bank statements during my earlier phone call.  The damage can be rectified relatively easily however and I should be able to put it to rights before bed.  Here's the after...


I picked up, dusted, ran the vacuum and organized my books.  I've stored my snowmen and found places for the school stuff that hadn't found a holding tank yet.  I feel good and productive about my day.  I'll take care of the office once more this evening and hopefully settle down with another book before bed.  Who knows what phone calls tomorrow will bring.  Hopefully ones that aren't awkward for me...I pray that I will have clarity and a decision whenever I get that call.

No comments:

Post a Comment